Pioneering spirit and passion are KKS traditions. KKS has been a guarantor of quality, safety and unmistakable flavour for more than 65 years and in the third generation of the family.
1948: Karl Konrad, the master butcher and senior technical instructor for foodstuffs and photography, founds wholesale meat importers in Saarbrücken. He works conscientiously in the area of raw sausage production and develops the raw sausage curing agent PROPIDIN®.
1952: Since PROPIDIN® and more of Karl Konrad’s preparations for meat processing are soon in demand nationwide, but cannot be supplied at that time from the Saarland to the entire rest of the nation because of the customs borders; he moves the company headquarters to Kirchheimbolanden in Rhineland-Palatinate.
1954: KKS brings KOLATIN®, the curing aid, onto the market.
1956: The first KKS teaching film for the basic and advanced training of butchers is produced. A series of teaching films that were lent out to vocational schools and professional butchery associations were subsequently made in the company’s own film studio.
1957: The new company building is built.
1959: The customer magazine ‘The Technical Adviser for Meat Processing’ is launched.
1971: After Karl Konrad’s death, his son Dieter Konrad takes over the management of KKS. The product range is expanded primarily in the area of spice blends and flavourings. New technological products are developed.
1973: KKS brings the first liquid cutter phosphate with and without reddening onto the market in the form of POLASOL flüssig®.
1976: KKS develops the tailor-made KOLATISOL® programme primarily for cooked ham, a particularly important commercial sector for KKS, for the emerging trade tumblers for medium-sized and small enterprises. From
1989: New markets in Europe are developed with the fall of the Berlin Wall, the reunification of Germany and the opening up of countries in Eastern Europe.
From 2000: The chemist Dr. Wolfgang Sauer and his wife Bettina Konrad-Sauer are the third generation to manage the family business. Production is restructured, modernised and expanded. The export business is systematically expanded. KKS, with a highly intensified product development, tackles the requirements of the different export markets and the industrial buyers in Germany. Quality assurance is systematically strengthened.
2001: A new trend line is brought onto the market: ‘Dr. Sauer’s’ – modern convenience spices, characterised by a wide range of possible applications and very easy to use.
2005: Acquisition of the traditional Cologne Gewürzmühle Rud. Schmidt Wwe. The machines at the Cologne site are dismantled and integrated into the production at Kirchheimbolanden. Since then, KKS has been marketing the Rud. Schmidt Wwe. Range as an independent premium brand under its own company.
2006: KKS achieves IFS (International Food Standard) certification 2006: The KKS Company building is expanded considerably. This means that a clearly structured raw materials and finished product store is put into service, the production capacity increased and areas created for product development, quality assurance and seminars or training.
2009: KKS creates a new contemporary corporate design.